I’d love for my blogging friends to join me in choosing 3 words for the new year!
I haven’t had much success with resolutions.
We make them, tongue-in-cheek, knowing that we will break them before a month or two have passed.
Instead it seems more appropriate to choose a focus for the year. For some, that focus might be summed up in a single word. For others it might take 2 or 3 words to give our year clear parameters.
What are the one, two, or three words that create a vision for your future? How do you want to define the year 2013?
I’m choosing these three words for 2013:
Expectant: I want to expect the best from myself, from others, from life! I want to be looking for the unusual, the beautiful, the unexpected or inexplicable! I want a greater sense of wonder! Ephesians 3:20 – 21 says, Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory…!”
I’m looking expectantly for God to do more, immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine this year!
Adventurous: By some standards I am approaching the label of “senior citizen.” It is easy to “take it easy!” But I don’t want to slow down too soon! I want this quote to define my days,
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming — WOW– What a Ride!”
Intentional: Daily I have 24 hours … just like everyone else. I want to be intentional about how I use those hours. You might say I want to be purposeful about how I use the time allotted.
“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Psalm 90 12.
If you are thinking about New Year’s Resolutions, or if you are interested in declaring words to shape your year, please share them!
- Three small words (amyboughner.ca)
- Resolutions with kids :: Word of the Year (nurturestore.co.uk)
- Deconstructing Resolutions (150677.com)
- My Three Words for 2013 (sandyreynolds.com)
- My three words for 2013 (rbbasinger.wordpress.com)
- Word of the Year (beyondwaiting.com)
- In One Word: Intention. (valeriemorini.wordpress.com)
- Word Nerd: Intentionality (vonildawrites.wordpress.com)
- This New Year is Something Many Will Be Afraid of. Why? (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)